Announcing Windsor’s Project Bookmark
WHAT: Announcement BookFest Windsor and Literary Arts Windsor 16 -17
WHEN: Sunday, November 6, 2016 11:00 am
WHERE: Art Gallery of Windsor, 401 Riverside Dr. 3rd Floor
WHY: BookFest Windsor plans a bookmark monument for Alexander MacLeod
Project Bookmark – in Windsor
- Announcement during a special “Bookmark Brunch” featuring Windsor native and author Alexander MacLeod, interviewed by Lisa Xing
- Literary Arts Windsor and BookFest Windsor are planning to celebrate Canada 150 and Windsor 125 anniversaries with this project.
- BookFest Windsor has submitted applications to erect a “Bookmark Plaque” honouring the work of MacLeod, which is set along Windsor’s Waterfront. Exploratory work on fundraising will take place after applications are confirmed.
- MacLeod’s short story collection, Light Lifting was shortlisted for the Scotiabank Giller Prize and reviewed as: “… one of those rare debuts: a breathtakingly good collection of short fiction that heralds the arrival of a significant new talent” by Quill and Quire
- About Project Bookmark: Project Bookmark Canada is a nationally registered charitable organization that is building Canada’s literary trailby putting pieces of stories and poems in the exact, physical locations where literary scenes are set.
- Why a Bookmark monument in Windsor? The Project will put Windsor – literally – on a literary map of Canada. Tourists will use this as a destination, and it can be the site of informal outdoor literary gatherings.
MEDIA CONTACT SOCIAL MEDIA
Sarah Jarvis, Festival Director www.bookfestwindsor.com